||Public Information Intern
The position is primarily intended to provide the Intern with the opportunity to undertake a work experience related to university studies or to possible future careers. Secondly, it is meant to provide real assistance to the Public Information Team at the UNHCR Regional Office in Rome, Italy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the celebrities program also by carrying out background research and reporting.
- Support in the production of content on refugee stories, such as video and photo;
- Research of content for social media (on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube), scheduling of content via Facebook and Hootsuite;
- Update of institutional website;
- Collaboration in the development and management of multimedia content;
- Translation from English into Italian;
- Support in the development and implementation of projects or events
- Prepare daily press review and assist in the adaptation of briefing notes and press releases;
- The intern will be trained and supported in his/her work.
|Minimum Qualification and Professional Experience Required
- University degree completed within one year of applying for the present internship with UNHCR or ongoing studies in a University degree programme, provided that at least two years of undergraduate studies were already completed at the time of the application. Relevant fields of studies include Communication or related areas.
- Previous relevant working experiences is an asset;
- Ability to use Internet Explorer and Web browising;
- Familiarity with social media such as Twitter, Youtube and Facebook;
- Excellent knowledge and practice in the use of MS Office;
- Strong communication skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent knowledge of Italian.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions in UNHCR during the period of internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as individual contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience;
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive a Food and Local Transportation Allowance which will be the equivalent of 10% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) of the duty station and be based on 30 calendar days. It must not exceed the equivalent of USD 1000 per month, normally payable in local currency. If the agreed internship is not full-time, the Allowance will be adjusted accordingly.
How to Apply (please read carefully):
Candidates must have the right to work in Italy.
To apply, please download the Personal History Form (PHF) andSupplementary Sheet at: http://italy.unhcr.io/land.php. Then signup/login and complete the onlineapplication form.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and awritten assessment, if applicable.
For application-related queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Download:Job description/terms of reference